Tuesday, April 19, 2011

to God's gift to me

...And this talk of things unspoken, it reminds me of those- dare I say, beautiful?- evenings spent with you in Boston, most vividly just lazy nights spent staying indoors with wine, book, and the presence of something other than us, even though we were the only ones in the room.  And that other presence was an unspoken and growing love for one another, and the hours and days were blanketed with something wonderful that I can't describe, but I can try:

It was like standing in a room while it filled with water, and I was gently lifted and floating around, and we were doing this lovely dance while submerged in it all.  Or rather- it was like a haze, a colored haze, maybe yellow, but something that made everything bright and more obscured at the same time, and the haze drugged us every time we breathed it in, and our minds became optimistic, and our hearts softened, and I felt affection for everything, even the glasses we were sipping our wines from.

And the funny thing is that I don't remember the words that we spoke during these specific moments, but I understand them to be beautiful because our hearts were in excited chatter, a conversation taking place in a lofty place above us, and as the silent words rained down on us, we felt their expressions on our skin, and we loved each other accordingly.

1 comment: