Saturday, April 30, 2011

Reflections after Easter

Last Sunday was Easter Sunday.

It celebrated the rising of Jesus from the dead...

and this day of all days, I should really consider my life and if I really live as if I believe that Jesus died and rose from the dead for me.  And if I do-- what part of my life really proclaims that truth?  Because even the demons believe in God, and so how does my life differ from a mere belief in existence?  How does my life reflect a belief in sacrifice?

I need to embrace the things that I should be grateful and joyous for- because I am ashamed, but I can only be ashamed by knowing why I should be joyous.  Why I should even be ashamed in the first place.  Many feel shame because some things are innately shame-inducing, but they cannot come to terms with their shame because they do not know that the alternative is joy-inducing.

His victory is my victory, but am I living like I'm victorious?

No comments:

Post a Comment