Thursday, August 4, 2011

Take writing, for example

I have to reside in that place somewhere between carelessness and meticulousness.

If I am too careless, then my writing will have no direction; if I am too meticulous, then my writing will be too faltering.

Neither can I vacillate from one to the other--I will own no real trail of thought if I keep changing my state of mind.

No--I need to find comfort in a place between the two, a place where I exemplify boldness with a characteristic of wariness. I must write like I mean to write, but I must also exhibit care.

And not only my writing, but my life must also be led in this manner. I must be in a state of urgency so that I can fully engage all of my faculties, but I must also heed the words of God. I must live because God gave me this life, but I must also be wary of how I live for that very reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment