Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Lovestruck with Luv(sic)

This song is the perfect song.



It's emotional without being radical-- this permits it to defy time because, let's face it, we are all emotionally driven without always being emotionally charged.  Whether I'm tending a broken heart or I'm just considering life at arms' length, this song offers itself as the perfect reason to close my eyes and reflect.

It's a perfect testimony to music-- the jazz sampling, the basic rhythm through that perfectly simple beat, the testimony to hip hop, the meta "music about music" lyrics just accentuates what love for music should be and is through this song.

I get lost listening to this.  It's perfectly varying and repetitive.  The harmony and melody come together so poetically, it makes me wanna freakin' cry.  The lyrics are just deep enough without being pretentious, the key is perfect for reflection.  There are just enough segments without drums to take that moment of breath right before delving into it again, reflective of the moments of silence life itself should have.

I don't know.  It's perfect.

RIP Nujabes

No comments:

Post a Comment