Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Mic

I've definitely come to terms with the fact that I'm not good enough to really go anywhere with rap, but there's something inexplicably enticing about the mic.  I do it, literally, just to do it.  It's so much effing FUN to simply... create.

I listen to a song and I think to myself something along the lines of "Oh, it would work well if, according to the drumbeats and that bass, if words were said like this."   And what does any man want to do when one becomes so inextricable from a driving idea?  We go after it.

I admit that nothing comes out ever the way I wish it did, and I know that has a lot to do with my lack of equipment and knowledge of the process.  But it feels good to just see how it came out, and I only share because I don't know what else to do with it after I finish.  I know it's not a grand scale aspiration, but when writing one line at a time, and upon meeting the mic, I just forget everything in my life to focus.

And that just feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment