Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Lent

Lent started today, and I've gotta say that I had no idea what I could give up or add in my life.  I'm blessed enough to say that I'm fairly content with my life at the moment- but then again, there's always more that can be done, and complacency is always a real danger.

After some thought, I decided that I'd give up Facebook for forty days.  I hadn't formed a certain reason why I would at the time, but it seemed like a big enough task without it being too radical.  But now that I think about it, I'm very eager for the next forty days because Facebook is nothing more than something to pass the time with for me.  Everyone says it's a great way to keep in touch, but I feel absolutely no personal connection via Facebook, and I find that I too readily form opinions of people that solidify way too quickly when, really, I don't know them at all.

So, in pursuit of a deeper connection with the people who I do want to know, and for the sake of those I assume to know when I really don't, I'm going to give up Facebook.  I left my email address as my status, and I'm kind of excited to see who might email me, instead of hoping for haphazard comments that might concern me on Facebook.  I'm actually really eager to channel what time I do spend on it on other things that could be considered more productive.

And above all, I've gotta remember that God is my strength, and what time I do find myself with, I should give it to him.

Anyway, let's see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment